[Ti] FW: TiBook 1GHz/SuperDrive US Mac OS ROM file?

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Sun Dec 29 11:51:41 PST 2002

On Sunday, December 29, 2002, at 05:18  pm, Steve Wozniak wrote:

> If someone boots up my TiBook with their own OS X firewire drive
> (configured with them as admin or root), do they have access to the
> files on my HD?

Hi Steve

Not as an Admin they won't. They will have access to the user folder
its self but the contents of any folder except the Public and shared
folders will be barred.

As Root on any OSX or *nix Box you have unlimited Access.  Root will
disregard any system level user protection.

However there are 3rd party products like  Intego DiskGuard that
encrypt the drive at directory level regardless of what system is
trying to read the drive.

The two rules of complete computer security:

1: Don't buy a computer

2: If you buy a computer - don't turn it on

Alex
:-)