[Ti] FW: TiBook 1GHz/SuperDrive US Mac OS ROM file?

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Sun Dec 29 14:11:43 PST 2002

Robert Nicholson <robert at elastica.com> writes:
> If I boot an MacOS 9 cd on an openfirmware password protected Mac OS X
> installation am I asked for my password before booting off the CD? What
> are apples plans for getting UFS to a point where it can be used with
> Mac OS X reliably?

Yes, you will be prompted for a password.  However, you can't use the C
key to attempt to boot off the CD.  You also can't use the T key to
enter FireWire Target Disk Mode; you have to turn off the firmware
password first.  What you must do to boot to another disk is hold down
the option key while booting; this will bring up the startup manager
(first a password dialog box if you have the password enabled), which
will let you choose a different startup disk than what was selected in
the OS.

As best I know, UFS will stay where it is; it's really enabled only for
compatibility with certain Unix applications and Unix development, and
will probably always be incompatible with certain things.  OS 10.1
fixed a few UFS problems (like Airport and Classic not working).

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html