[Ti] Laser Printer...

Deborah Shadovitz deb at shadovitz.com
Sun Dec 29 18:26:54 PST 2002

On Sunday, December 29, 2002, at 03:10 PM, Benn wrote:

> I'm looking for a sub-$500 (but the cheaper the better) laser printer
> for use at home with my tibook.  The smaller the size/footprint, the
> better.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Benn

Hi Benn.
My HP 4M, from 1992 is still going strong today, having had only one
wear-out repair that wasn't even costly (thanks to
<http://fixyourownprinter.com>).  I'd buy HP any day. They have a laser
model C7047A for $400. They have a laser for just $250 but it is not
noted as Mac compatible. It is USB. If you want Ethernet, that'll cost
you extra.

The HP all-in-one printer software has been getting a well-deserved bad
rap, but that team too, is dedicated to the Mac and to getting its act
together and seems to be ok now. At any rate, the ink jet and laser
products are entirely separate teams.

Here is the link to the 2 entry-level printers:
<http://h30015.www3.hp.com/products/
sub_category.php?high_level_category_id=2&category_id=03fafb9140e96593f7
d21dd0211c660e&sub_category_id=1dcd1719c9444ec21eadb46a0166b5f4>

And the link to all printers:
<http://h30015.www3.hp.com/products/
high_level_category.php?high_level_category_id=2>

Remember though, that Macworld is just around the corner. It may be
worth it to wait until the exhibit hall opens and the announcements are
out. Since they have a $249 printer, they may get that to us Mac folks.
  (I'm not hinting at anything and have not been briefed, so please
don't read between the lines.)

- - - - -
Deborah Shadovitz, Author, Instructor & Speaker
Adobe Certified Training Provider & GoLive ACE
<http://www.shadovitz.com> ~ <deb at shadovitz.com>

MacAddict Contributing Editor, O'Reilly Network author, Mac Design
Columnist
Author of the Adobe GoLive 5 Bible ~ <http://www.GoLiveBible.com>
Launch Pad Books, and good old Mac Efficiency 101 from MacCentral days