[Ti] Laser Printer...

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Mon Dec 30 06:13:09 PST 2002

On Sunday, December 29, 2002, at 05:10  PM, Benn wrote:

> I'm looking for a sub-$500 (but the cheaper the better) laser printer
> for use at home with my tibook.  The smaller the size/footprint, the
> better.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Benn

Benn here is one that RAndy Singer suggested on the osx list a few
weeks ago those that have it are very satisified and it works in jaguar.

frank farwell

REFURBISHED BROTHER HL-1440 LASER PRINTER

The HL-1440 is a surprisingly fast, compact monochrome laser printer
that
produces crisp, high-quality printing.  (I have one!)

The HL-1440 has print speeds of up to 15ppm, 1200x600dpi resolution, 2MB
of standard memory (expandable to 34MB), 250-sheet paper capacity, and a
USB interface for use with your Macintosh.  It is compatible with OS X.

Here is a great deal on a refurbished version of this printer, only
$175:

HL-1440 LASER PRINTER Refurbished
PCNation Part #: RF1440
<http://www.pcnation.com/cwc/details.asp?item=RF1440>

One of the many nice features of this printer is that it's memory is
upgradeable via a standard 72-pin SIMM.  You can max out the memory of
the HL-1440 for only $9 !
<http://www.18004memory.com/focus.asp?sku=505058>

You can download drivers for this printer for OS X, including a driver
for 10.2 Jaguar, here:
<http://solutions.brother.com/hl1400/download/dl-mac-x-usb.html>