[Ti] FW: TiBook 1GHz/SuperDrive US Mac OS ROM file?

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Mon Dec 30 13:36:57 PST 2002

At 3:26 PM -0500 2002.12.30, Michael Bigley wrote:

>Perhaps Apple plans something similar to IBM's security "chip" on the motherboard of TiBooks to address the security issues discussed in this thread.  That would necessitate the elimination of being able to boot into OS9 because Apple ceased development of OS9 some months ago.

I would love someday to get a physical 'key' with my laptop that operates in a way that a hardware encryption device get's its software key from the physical key in my pocket (via bluetooth?). When I walk away with my key, the disk is encrypted to anyone else.

Now, if I could even prevent disk formatting...
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)