[Ti] FW: TiBook 1GHz/SuperDrive US Mac OS ROM file?

Luke Mazzeri etyrnal at ameritech.net
Tue Dec 31 02:39:28 PST 2002

On Monday, December 30, 2002, at 10:01  PM, ~flipper wrote:

> A retinal scan instead of a password would probably be good for that.
>
> Back in OS 9 and 8 days I was using an app that generated its own
> passwords. That way even I didn't know what they were. And the 'front
> end' to the app was much heavier than so-called military strength
> encryption. I never used it with the Users & Groups deal, because it
> had to have the system booted to enable itself. But there's already
> fingerprint input devices out there for 'digital signatures', so
> perhaps someone can find a way to enable a device like that during the
> startup routine. And have it enabled on CD/drive boots and reformats,
> as well.  I'd be interested, I know that.

no more power button - instead there is a small touchpad that emits a
special laser light that the sensor array in the pad analyses the
reflected/absorbed light in order to read your finger's print, DNA
signature, and body heat etc...

would someone be able to create a special device that would "reflect"
back an imitated DNA signal?  YES.  =)

There always has been, and there ALWAYS will be a way around the MOST
'secure' 'securities' -

'security' is a highly relative term...  it's a concept - not a reality.

there is no security - there's just a more or less comfortable state of
mind w/ regard to your worries (rational or otherwise) about the wrong
people accessing the wrong things.  (this all falls under the misnomer
of ownership and control - both concepts.  albeit fairly 'real'
concepts governed by a network of like-minded citizens ) =)

when you exist in a conceptual world where technology and modern
thought revolves around concept rather than reality - well you get what
you play for...

- luke

---
http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal   (music no one likes)