[Ti] Protecting your Data

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Tue Dec 31 12:57:49 PST 2002

Yes, I know this...  It also involves saving the password in the
keychain and having the keychain automatically unlock at login; so, you
reset the main user password, and at the next login, all the user's
data is automatically unlocked and decrypted with a *different* main
password.  You might also have access to the encryption password by
opening the Keychain Access application.  I believe it will confirm
your keychain password most of the time before allowing you to view a
password (even if the keychain is unlocked), but if the user looked up
the password before and pressed the "always allow" button when doing
so, Keychain Access will show anybody the password as long as the
keychain is unlocked.

David Remahl <david at ittpoi.com> writes:
> Neil's method actually involvs _encrypting_ the data, not just password
> protecting it. That means you would have to crack the encryption to get
> at the data.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html