[Ti] AppleCare improved?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Sat Nov 23 08:04:00 PST 2002

My question about upgrading was about the Applecares bought before
AppleCare was changed to give the global for the full 2 extra
years.  The old AppleCare used to say it was valid only in the USA
and Canada, this new version 3 I was reading an ad for said it was
global.  The question is, if you've got AppleCare, will it now
cover global and not just USA/Canada?  I couldn't find anything
about this particular question at Apple's web site.  For example,
all the conscientious, cooperative customers who bought AppleCare
when their unit was new during the past year--will they have the
same coverage as the person who bought their unit at the same time
but delayed buying AppleCare until now, just before their free 1st
year was done?