[Ti] Laptop Health Warning!

Paul Russell prussell at arc-software.com
Sat Nov 23 08:02:46 PST 2002

>"Probably" is the operative word.  The difficulty with the resolving this
>health question rests with our lack of understanding of all forms of
>electromagnetic frequencies.  Sure, we have a cursory knowledge, but clearly
>we do not understand the motor behind this force.  Simply stated we do not
>understand the cause, therefore how can we say, with any certainty, that we
>understand the effect?  If science has taught us anything it is the simple
>fact that observations are subject to the scientific method, and that
>methodology is only as strong as our weakest understanding.

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating", as they say.

Microwave ovens have been in common use since the 1970's. Cell phones
since the 1980's. If there was a problem with exposure to RF at these
power levels then we would expect to see a statistically significant
increase in, e.g. certain cancers as a result.

Of course using the entire population of the Western world as a (not
very controlled) experiment is probably not the most ethical way to
gather this data, but it is useful data nonetheless.

Paul