[Ti] AppleCare improved?

Ben Cheng kenshin at mac.com
Sat Nov 23 06:18:33 PST 2002

On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 05:48  AM, Tom R. no spam wrote:

> Apple Store on the web says global coverage for
> portables, but nothing about upgrading?  Is this new?

On the left-hand column go down till you see Business Services and the
first link under that should be Applecare.  APP for Powerbook -
Enrollment Kit for $349.

> I've read a lot of lamenting that the extra 2 years coverage didn't
> include global for laptops the way that was included in the
> 1st year coverage that comes with a new unit.

I read about this as well and found it kind of strange.  When I was in
Taiwan 2 years ago for 2 years I had my Powerbook G3 in the shop twice
and they asked if I was still under extended warranty (which I
unfortunately was not) but it was my impression that they would have
accepted it if I was.

> Also, what's the
> extent of the upgrading previous versions.  Any time limit on
> purchase date?

I believe as long as you're still under your complimentary coverage
that comes with the hardware you'll be able to extend.  I extended mine
a few days before my year was up.

-Ben