AppleCare improved?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Sat Nov 23 02:48:52 PST 2002

I juat saw an ad for applecare saying that global coverage on
portables was included in the extra 2 years in "version 3", and
that previous versions "in the channel" would be automatically
upgraded.  Apple Store on the web says global coverage for
portables, but nothing about upgrading?  Is this new?  I've
read a lot of lamenting that the extra 2 years coverage didn't
include global for laptops the way that was included in the
1st year coverage that comes with a new unit.  Also, what's the
extent of the upgrading previous versions.  Any time limit on
purchase date?