[Ti] Scratched TiBook cover - DONT USE TIPAINT!!!!

Stephen Chakwin schak at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 23 10:48:56 PST 2002

It's on the top (back?) surface of the cover, about in the ten o'clock
position relative to the Apple cutout.  It's a gouge (narrow, but looks
deep) about two inches long with a shallow small subsidiary gouge off from
it.  It looks a little like a lightning bolt, so I guess I can say it's a
Harry Potter symbol.   The color effect is as if someone had written on the
computer cover with a pencil.

I think it's from brass eyehole protectors in a redweld when I had the
computer in a backpack.

I don't know whether it's safe or likely to do any good to polish it or, if
so, what to polish it with.  Since I don't know what I can do, I decided to
ask here to see if anyone had had this problem and dealt with it.

I also checked the Apple web site and couldn't find anything.

Stephen