[Ti] Laptop Health Warning!

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Sat Nov 23 11:13:39 PST 2002

On Friday, November 22, 2002, at 06:40  PM, Bryce McKinlay wrote:

> No need to panic though as the power output of the airport card is
> thousands of times less than that of your microwave. We're talking
> milliwatts (mW) compared to say, 1000W for a typical oven.

that is all i was saying.

your right - the .3 milliwatts might not be enough to cook a 8 pound
turkey or pop pop-corn, but it is enough to cook single cells...  the
ones at the surface.

the more power you have the more mass you can heat, or the faster you
can heat it...

cells have very little mass individually...  you CAN harm cells (of
which we are all made)... you may not be able to cook your entire head
with a cell phone/laptop but you certainly can affect a certain number
of cells nearer to the surface...

if the  microwaves in a microwave oven were PWM to square waves
(digital) they would cook even more efficiently and faster...  remember
the waves from your phone and notebook are digital and more efficient
than sinusoidal analogue waves...  similar to a digital audio amplifier
being able to create more volume, more cleanly,  with less power (90%
efficiency compared to analogue amps at like maybe 70% or less)... and
if the frequencies of the signal are in resonance w/ ANY component of
the cells the damage will be even more possible.

As Above, So Below,
Luke Mazzeri

For an evening of thought-provoking background music...

                                        etyrnal.muzik
                      http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal
                              etyrnal at ameritech.net