[Ti] AppleCare improved?

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Sat Nov 23 11:05:56 PST 2002

I don't have an URL for this (and it may be a semi-internal Apple
document, though it's not marked so; I have access to a lot of extra
stuff since I work for an Apple Authorized Service Provider), part of
the AppleCare Service News bulletin detailing this says:

"Current APP Customers
With the introduction of APP 3.0, all existing APP 2.0 customers will
be eligible for the new features of APP 3.0 for the remainder of their
three-year terms."

So yes, PowerBook owners get global coverage and coverage of a monitor
(if purchased at the same time, though the monitor isn't covered
globally), and desktop owners get onsite service.

"Tom R. no spam" <tr5374 at csc.albany.edu> writes:
> My question about upgrading was about the Applecares bought before
> AppleCare was changed to give the global for the full 2 extra
> years.  The old AppleCare used to say it was valid only in the USA
> and Canada, this new version 3 I was reading an ad for said it was
> global.  The question is, if you've got AppleCare, will it now
> cover global and not just USA/Canada?  I couldn't find anything
> about this particular question at Apple's web site.  For example,
> all the conscientious, cooperative customers who bought AppleCare
> when their unit was new during the past year--will they have the
> same coverage as the person who bought their unit at the same time
> but delayed buying AppleCare until now, just before their free 1st
> year was done?

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html