[Ti] TiBook can't see Airport card

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 23 22:53:53 PST 2002

On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 10:35  PM, Pete Zimowski wrote:
> My son's home for the holidays and I want to put an Airport card in
> his 500
> iBook.  Installs just fine, but when starting the Airport Setup
> Assistant in
> both OSX and OS9 it says it can't see the Airport card.  I checked on
> the
> Apple Support Discussion boards and several others have had this
> problem.
> One suggested running Disk Warrior - said it worked for him, but I
> can't see
> it being that kind of software problem.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> (Yes, it's installed correct side up and the antenna's attached)

To put this ON topic, I've had this same problem with my tibook 400.  I
still haven't solved it.  If I had another airport able machine though,
I'd put the card in there to make sure it isn't the card.  Then I'd
take a different card and book it in the iBook to see if it's the ibook.

If you solve this and have any suggestions for me, let me know.

Benn