[Ti] Ti 400/500 vs. 550/667 - Memory BANDWIDTH difference!?

coccolithophorid at earthlink.net coccolithophorid at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 24 10:28:18 PST 2002

We almost bought a 667 when they were new, but because of this article
we decided to go for the 500, it was cheaper and faster for the type of
stuff we do.
But we're talking about seconds of difference here, in a live
performance type of setting, there are plenty of ways around this.

peace,
Kevin

Hello Fellow Mac Speedsterz...

I bought my powerbook for ONE thing:  MUSIC PRODUCTION

When the Ti 400's and 500's came out it decided by many that the power
book had finally come-of-age for portable music production - enough
proc. power and drive space etc...

I was thrilled!  So i waited for the next gen. machines (not going to
buy first rev.) then the Ti550 and 667's were announced...  i bought.

and I both experience and read that the 550's and 667's are NO
comparison to the 400's and 500's...

I feel like Apple was misleading (or elusively-leading) in their
advertisement of the next gen. of machines.  The machine i bought which
should be faster than the prev. models is actually considerably slower.

I read the following and was wondering if anyone will comment on this?