[Ti] s-video out

Erik Gaderlund gaderson at mac.com
Wed Nov 27 15:36:12 PST 2002

What version of Ti book do you have?  I know the more recent ones
667-880s and up have better graphics chips so they can mirror DVDs,
but, for older ones, you need to move the menu bar to your S-video
monitor, or drag the DVD view window to the S-Video 'monitor'.  Now,
usually a Mac will recognize a 'monitor' if something is plugged in
to a valid 'monitor' port at startup, and sometimes at waking from
sleep.  So, turning on the TV may not make a difference.
And the best thing is to RTFM, the manual is where I figured out how
to run a DVD to an external monitor, for my Brothers 400MHz TiBook
(back before I had my own)--he even had to show some Apple engineers
how to do it later that month (they were hardware guys not software.)

erik g