[Ti] OS X friendly scanners

Christian Leue Christian.Leue at web.de
Sat Nov 30 02:18:21 PST 2002

> I'm looking for OS X friendly scanner. It must have the ability to
> scan 35
> mm film and slides.

Amusing. My brother, a photographer, just asked the identical question.
He is happily using the 667 DVI I recommended and configured for him
(does that bring us back on-topic enough?) and wants to add a flatbed
scanner to scan the magazines where his work is published, but also
good 35mm slide capabilities to scan his originals. And, if he can, he
would like one device for both tasks.

The Epson Perfection 2450 suggested by Charles seems to fit the bill
(even though I am reluctant to evaluate an Epson device, since they
still have no intentions of providing OS X drivers for my little
StylusScan 2500 all-in-one machine). Do they provide OS X 10.2.2 TWAIN
drivers for the 2450 so you can scan from within Photoshop or Word?
And, does Jaguar's Image Capture utility pop up when you press the
"scan" button on the machine?

Cheers,
Christian