Ti vs other laptops

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Sat Nov 30 03:19:20 PST 2002

This charts compare Apple portables with WIntel machines at same
prices. SO much so for Apple being more expensive!

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2002/11/14.10.shtml

In addition to that: if any colleague (and this is my selling point
here at the lab: *sold* 8 TiBooks so far) of you ever consider using
the laptop not only to run office production tools but to work on the
Unix side then there is NO computer in the world allowing what OS X
allows to do.

Any PC will have to double-boot (into Linux most of the times) and
hassle through file conversions and shared /synchronized folders to
have Windows applications make use of Unix files and viceversa. And
that does not always work either.
Last two colleagues of mine which were doing exactly *that* switched to
OS X after comparing what little I had to do (and local: ie *one* file
system at all times) in order to reproduce the vast amount of
struggling between Windows and Linux OSes they went through regularly
for even the simplest things.

They were not PC weenies so that helps in the conversion process: they
were just people wishing to find a better way of working and discovered
that a better way indeed do exist.

Massimo

--
Massimo Marino