[Ti] Which graphics chip?

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Sat Nov 30 17:37:37 PST 2002

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 11:15:06PM +0000, Doug Edwards wrote:
> Just got my new 1Ghz TiBook. Compared with my original 500MHz, it is great.
> the screen is so much brighter. However, one query - it is supposed to have
> a ATI Radeon 9000 graphics controller. However, on boot up, the following is
> reported:
> localhost mach_kernel: ATIRadeon8500: using AGP
> Anybody any idea what is going on?

I believe ATI hasn't finished the 9000 drivers for us yet, so the new
1GHz TiBooks are still running the 8500 drivers.  You're seeing a report
from the driver, rather than a read of a string from the actual
hardware.
--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org