[Ti] Cordless Mouse for X (and ergonomics)

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Tue Apr 1 19:21:35 PST 2003

--On Tuesday, April 01, 2003 04:31 PM -0500 "Seymour J. Wolfson" <wolfson at wayne.edu> wrote:

> I did have to install the software for 9.2 to recognize the mouse. So, I am surprised that X would see it without any software install. But if there is a driver available, I'll get it.

My guess is that the driver was already in the base Darwin OS and Apple kept it or maybe they just put it in themselves. I have a budget MacAlley USB mouse with 2 buttons and scroll wheel. I works fully with no additional software.

However, I've developed a mild case of tendonitis (tennis elbow), and I'm embarrased to say it isn't from playing tennis, but I think from holding my arm tense for too long in an awkward position while mousing. I'm getting a Kensington trackball to mitigate further injury, but not a wireless one since I want the one with the scroll wheel.

Watch your posture and position everyone. I believe the recommended practice is to keep the forearm and wrist in a straight line when mousing and the elbow close to your side.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com