[Ti] Booted up and no airport?

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 2 09:11:59 PST 2003

on 03/04/01 20:40, Robert Nicholson at robert at elastica.com wrote:

> Well I come home boot up my machine and I doesn't know anything about
> it's airport card.
>
> It's a 800 DVI.
>
> Any tips on how to diagnose this?
>
> System Profiler doesn't show an airport card present.

My 800 shows System Profiler shows "Airport" "Flags" and "Ethernet Address"
as the last lines in the System Profiler tab.

Here's what I would do:

1.  Shut down.
2.  Find out where the airport card is, make sure all cables are secure.
3.  Restart.
4.  If still not there, and you have Applecare, call Apple.  Probably
they'll try to send you a new airport card.  Otherwise, get an airport card
from somehwere and swap it.  Also, if possible try your airport card in
another computer.  Determine if problem is computer or airport card.