Bluetooth (And a little 17")

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 2 11:45:50 PST 2003

My main reason for this e-mail is that after playing with a 17"
Powerbook at voelker research, I think it will suit me nicely.
Honestly I think it seemed a little bigger than I was expecting
(contradictory to what I've heard most people say), but it's an amazing
machine and I can't wait to be using one full time (especially with all
the issues I've been having with my tibook 400...i guess I should have
bought applecare).

So, one thing that I've been excited about since apple announced it is
Bluetooth.  And finally, with the 17", I have no choice but to have it.
  However, my flare for it has gotten smaller and smaller, because as
time goes on, I don't see more and more bluetooth products being
offered.  When apple announced using it and selling the usb dongles I
expected an explosion of products from mac vendors, but thus far, it
seems like the only thing people are using it for is to sync with
phones and PDAs.

So, my question is: is anyone on this list using bluetooth devices
OTHER than phones and PDAs?  What do you use it for?  Anyone have a
really neat bluetooth mouse or anything else that they love?

I guess I'll do some bluetooth research on both apple's site and
bluetooth.com.  But, I hope bluetooth isn't just over-hyped technology.

Benn