Battery misbehaving

Simon Chapman sc at pr100.com
Thu Apr 3 05:47:18 PST 2003

Except for once or twice a month, I use my TiBook 667 plugged into the
mains and the battery has never run down naturally so I thought I should
'refresh' the battery by letting it run right down and then recharge it.
But since doing this I have a couple of problems:

First, I can't boot under battery power - I get a floppy/flashing question
mark. But I can boot up fine under mains power - and the TiBook seems to
run ok from the battery if I then disconnect the mains adapter.

Second, I'm not getting a great readout for battery time remaining. After a
full charge, I see all the bars showing and four green lights on the
battery itself but the time remaining is only around 2hrs 30min whereas I
used to see over 4hrs.

Maybe the battery is dying but it hasn't been used much in the year I have
had it. Thanx for any insights.

Simon