[Ti] another VPC nightmare brewing

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 3 10:51:40 PST 2003

According to Chris Olson:

>Windows XP is a bit "heavy" even on native hardware.  I much prefer
>Windows 2000 Pro if I have to use Windows for anything, and neither
>can match OS X (IMHO).
>--
>Chris

Agreed, I already picked up 3 Gigs of space as XP Pro [a paid,
corporate edition] was trashed earlier this morning. Next down the
chute: VPC 6. For whatever reason, win2k will not receive packets,
even set 'by the book': "Shared Networking" "Obtain IP" "DHCP
Enabled', etc... so...down the 'other' hatch.

really Chris, if there was a way to increase the VRAM allotment in
5.0.4 of VPC I'd never have bought the 6 upgrade. meanwhile, back in
VPC 5, with all settings identical in the Drive Image [obviously],
and the only difference in VPC being the presence ['defaulted'] of
"Sockets Shared Networking" in the image's preferences.. i.e. VPC
'Edit' menu, win2k works like a slow 'native', which is fine.

I remain very curious as to how others run VPC 6 direct out through a
dsl modem, with two-way traffic [no latency].

~flipper