[Ti] Updated 15" books?

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Thu Apr 3 12:28:45 PST 2003

>  Anyone willing to give me
>the Cliff's Notes Version?

Apple sits on its release schedule like no other company. Last MW
should give you an indication how no expert came even close to
guessing what was going to be released. The Luxo iMac was leaked the
morning of its announcement (Time Magazine Canada had it on its web
site), and that was a highly exceptional accident.

I share your probably frustration: it makes sense that the 15" is
going to be updated, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it wasn't
for a while. Right now I need something faster than this 500MHz ti,
but the 17" is too big for me, and I don't want to buy a GHz ti if
something more up-to-date will appear next month.

But there is no choice but to wait.
--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)