[Ti] 80 GB HD warnings

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sat Apr 5 01:00:46 PST 2003

At 11:30 PM -0800 2003.04.04, Paul Russell wrote:

>>So there appears to be some volume size limitation, and it applies to both TiBooks and Big Als.
>
>Interesting - 64Gb is 36 bits, which seems an unlikely number at which to have some sort of limitation, but who knows ? I thought HFS+ was all 64 bit, but maybe it's something more subtle than that ?

Well, it's possible that the volume size limitation is only in a driver bug or in the installer itself, the one that came with my Big Al's.

Anyway, I plan to install over and over until I can narrow down the size that works. Maybe I'll start with 64 GB. Obviously, 80 GB drives work fine in towers.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)