Installing Os 9 onto newly partitioned 15in 1GHz TiBook

Simon Chapman sc at pr100.com
Mon Apr 7 17:00:29 PDT 2003

Is there some kind of voodoo needed to install Os 9.2.2 on a 15in 1GHz
TiBook from the supplied Os 10.2.3/9.2.2 install/restore DVD? My immediate
problem is that I have followed instructions to first install X and, when
booted from X, run the 9 installer from the DVD, loading it onto the same
partition as the X system. Doesn't work for me. X installed in 20mins but
the 9 installer whizzes through 95 percent of the prgress bar and then the
wheel spins forever on the last bit of the script. I definitely installed
Os 9 drivers on my new partitions so please tell me where I'm going
wrong...!

And why, oh why, can't I simply boot from the installer DVD and just
install Os 9 without X? I don't want X and if possible I will delete it
just as soon as I can get booted from 9. The whole thing stinks. I bought
this machine because I want to run 9 and not X and Apple think it's clever
marketing to force me to waste time in X before I can do what I want. Very,
very annoying. Thanks for any help.

Simon