Undeleteable folder ... the latest

Gary Keller gary at wlxp.com
Mon Apr 7 17:45:13 PDT 2003

Well I logged in as "root" and tried to empty the trash and got the
same error message "folder in use." I tried Cocktail and "no go." I
tried DeleteIt! (it was the program that suggested try logging in as
root).  After giving me some REALLY strong warnings about destroying my
system, so strong I actually stopped the program and thought about it
some more before letting it go pass that dialog box. I let it do its
thing and the dialog box reported the folder deleted. But when I closed
the program out, there it was, the "undeleteable" folder still on the
desktop.

I logged out, disgustedly, and logged back in as admin. It was several
hours before I noticed....

There wasn't an Undeleteable folder on the desktop any longer. It's
gone! But is it really? I'd bet its somehow in my root user settings
for the desktop but doesn't show up for my admin user desktop! I need
to relog as root again and see if it's there???

gary