[Ti] Apple Store Service blows

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Tue Apr 8 08:24:52 PDT 2003

At 6:54 PM -0400 2003.04.07, Christopher Owens wrote:

>Yesterday I purchase a new iMac from the Apple Store at Kenwood Towne Center in Cincinnati, got it home and found that there was a a pixel stuck on BRIGHT red near the center of my screen.  I researched Apple's website and found that it was within spec and Apple gave instructions on how to massage the screen in hopes that it would unstick.  I tried all of that, but to no avail.  Having just purchased it yesterday, I thought I would be able to go in and explain my dissatisfaction and exchange it--especially since I'm a very regular customer, having purchased a PowerBook, iBook, iPod, Palm Tungsten | T, Microsoft Office, digital camera, and various other software and peripherals.

Don't forget the case of Max, who owned, or owns, the San Jose Box office. Long ago he bought a PowerBook (Wallstreet? Pismo?) with a few bad pixels but was told that they were within Apple's specs. He went to small claims court ($5000 limit) and because Apple couldn't show any public documents contaning the spec, Max was awarded $5000. Can you believe that?
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)