Replacement LCD screens (was Apple Store service blows)

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Tue Apr 8 08:43:40 PDT 2003

At 21:31 -0700 04/07/2003, XXL wrote:
>The downside of all this is that replacement LCD's are, apparently, far more
>likely to have pixel defects than those installed in production. So you
>might be better off with the  one bad pixel you have rather than take a
>chance on a screen that has a few more.

You are exactly right Joel.  In January, I sent in my Ti500 to
replace a nonfunctional DVD drive.  When I got it back, they had
replaced the top of the case and the screen, even though I had not
asked for this (nor were they damaged in any way).  The new screen
had many stuck pixels in the middle of the screen, my original one
had no bad pixels.  I think they harvested my screen for new
computers and gave me a reject screen.  Maybe someone will get lucky
and get my old screen as a replacement...

Peter

--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 5.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.2.4.