[Ti] Apple Store Service blows

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Tue Apr 8 13:28:10 PDT 2003

At 3:04 PM -0400 2003.04.08, Craig Alguire wrote:
>I too like to go to Micro Center for my Mac stuff, but I read somewhere that Micro Center will no longer be an authorized Mac reseller at the end of April.
>
>Say it ain't so!!

A lot of great long-time Apple dealers, devoted to the Macintosh and their customers, have been recently shut down by Apple.

Basically, they were presented contracts with lengthy methods for dispute resolution, and had to sign away rights to even a jury trial after tons of other resolution methods. They were given the choice to sign it or be turned off. He who writes the contact stacks the deck. I'm sure that these contracts made everything work in Apple's favor.

In recent times the TiBooks and other new products have been distributed to such dealers months after the Apple Stores got them. There is now a class action lawsuit about this (anti-trust). I suspect that Apple is having the dealers to sign an agreement whereby Apple has no legal worry, whereby it's virtually impossible to win any case against Apple. That also makes it easier for Apple to cut any of them off.

It's too bad, because many of these dealers have done a great job and cared so much about Apple and about the customers.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)