[Ti] The GOOD Apple Store (Was:Apple Store Service blows)

PaulaTx1 at aol.com PaulaTx1 at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 13:27:24 PDT 2003

I hate to interupt the Apple Store bashing...but do I have the only GOOD  Apple Store?  The Apple Store in Houston is terrific!    I beleive it opened in February of this year.
   Several times I have taken potential switchers there  and we were treated quite well (attentive, polite, knowledgable sales staff).  I was particularly pleased with they way they encouraged my 73 year old mother to try out a Ti. They didn't just assume she was too old to even be interested.
     I was also pleased with the way I was treated.  They didn't assume that I couldn't possibly have a brain just because I was female.  [Next time you are in a computer store,  look and see how the women in there seem to be invisible to sales people.]
      When my Ti 800 needed repair, I took it to the Apple Store.  [It was bought in July of 2002 from Frys (NOT a pleasant shopping experience)  and  the modem in it quit.  Just quit.]  I left the computer there at 5:30 on a Wednesday afternoon  and  it was ready to be picked up Friday morning!  I was ecstatic!   The Genius Bar guy tried the same trouble shooting  the Apple Care guy had done on the phone.  But he was quicker at it.    He explained what he was doing, he answered my question.  I good experience  even though he could not fix the machine.     Hey...he gave the machine to somebody who could and did fix it.  That's the bottom line.
       When I run into good service,  I make sure I praise it just as loudly  as I rant about bad service.  I emailed Apple about the service  and how pleased I was.
       For those of you receiving lousy service...call Apple about it.  Email Apple.  Pester them.  Get the bugs out of the Apple store.    I have to drive over an hour just to get to my Apple store...but that's a lot better than mailing my computer off to some other state or town  to be repaired.  You WANT  your Apple Store to stay in business. And you want it to be a great store.  Work at it!
        And maybe it's just my imagination  but it seems to me that  Apple cares more about customers than in the past. I have been dealing with Apple since 1988.  It seems to me the past 2 years  have been the best  at getting what I needed  and actually being made to feel appreciated.  Maybe it's because I go at them with they attitude that they WILL take care of me.  (Don't let them off the phone untill you get what you need!)
    Okay...back to your bashing.  But if you are even in Houston, Texas   stop by the Galleria  and visit the Apple Store!
                Paula Rutledge