[Ti] PC Card Slot Uses...?

Phillip McGree phil at phil.net.au
Wed Apr 9 08:26:21 PDT 2003

Hiya,

I use my PCMCIA slot all the time for digital photos as well.

Have a look at:  http://www.phil.net.au/PCMCIA_adaptor.jpg

It works well.  Shoot photos.  Put memory card into adaptor.  Slide the whole lot into the PCMCIA slot and the card mounts on the desktop like a CD or hard drive. Then copy the photos across.  No cables required at all.

Makes like so much easier.  Doesn't require any driver software or additions to the System Folder (ie OS 9 here).  No updates of any kinds required.

Those adaptors are bloody cheap, $10ish for CompactFlash cards, although adaptors for other forms of camera memory card are much more expensive.  Personally, CompactFlash is a compulsory requirement for any digital camera that I but because of their wider availability and much cheaper costs.

If anyone's looking for a digital camera, I can highly recommend the Canon G2 and G3 models!!!  I bought my G2 secondhand a few months ago and still love how superior it is to everything else around.  The PCMCIA_adaptor.jpg was taken with the G2, but that one's not a real great photo because I didn't bother setting everything up properly.

Regards,
Phil

>Dear All,
>
>Forgive me for posting and using up valuable bandwidth (I tend to lurk), but
>the following caught my eye:
>
><It would sit in the PC Card... and would be easily removable to use your
>card slot for other purposes.>
>
>I've been looking for a use for this PC Card slot for some time, but can't
>seem to find anything to put in it, I wondered, what does everybody else use
>it for. It feels like I'm wasting a tiny bit or PowerBook real estate!
>
>=]
>
><ASIDE>I just got a post as an Associate Lecturer in Design in Belfast and
>imagine my surprise when they gave me a brand new 1 GHz PowerBook (and told
>me to give my 667 MHz PowerBook to my kids...!</ASIDE>

Sent from the Apple PowerBook G4 of:
Phillip McGree                                    	Web:	http://www.phil.net.au
Perth, Western Australia			http://chat.iinet.net.au
Mobile Phone: 0418 922 500