[Ti] PC Card Slot Uses...?

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Apr 9 09:17:41 PDT 2003

>>It feels like I'm wasting a tiny bit or PowerBook real estate!
>
>tell me about it. Mine is still empty after 2 years!
>
>Perhaps we could put a network card in there and turn our Powerbooks
>into a multi-homed host?

I used to use mine for a compact flash card reader; iPhoto recognizes
and launches when it is plugged in.  But now iPhoto recognizes my
camera, so I haven't used it in a while.  If you have an unsupported
digital camera, that may be a use for it... these card readers are
under $10.

I haven't done a speed test, but the PC slot may be faster than the
USB connector??? Anyone know for sure.  That could be handy if one
has a lot of pictures, or if you have multiple CF chips, to keep your
camera in use while you are off-loading images.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com