[Ti] PC Card Slot Uses...?

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Wed Apr 9 09:14:55 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, April 09, 2003, at 12:07PM, Tarik Bilgin <tarik at opalblue.com> wrote:

>ooooh so THAT'S how you get a 802.11b card working in a G3 pismo.
>Do you know if IOExperts have a driver for Mac Os 9?
>Can I ask which model of card you have?

I never used an 802.11b card on a Pismo, because I got an Airport card when I bought the Pismo. At the time, they were cheaper ($99) than 802.11b PC cards (~$160-180).

But I have used a Lucent/Orinoco WaveLan card in a WallStreet and a TiBook. The Lucent card works with the Airport software in OS 9, but I understand not all PC cards are recognized. The original Airport Base Station actually has the WaveLan Silver card inside, so it's totally compatible with the Airport drivers.

I use the open source wireless driver for OS X on the TiBook: <http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net/>.

Mark