[Ti] Can I use bottom bezel/parts from a 667 for a 550

Sherman Gregory sherman at qualcomm.com
Wed Apr 9 14:57:12 PDT 2003

At 7:36 PM -0500 4/7/03, Kynan Shook wrote:
>.  You might be able to just remove the latch from a top case and
>install it on yours fairly easily, but the spring mechanism is thin,
>weak metal, so you'd likely break it.

Actually, the latch is quite easy to change.  Getting one is the hard
(or expensive) part.  The spring is not fragile.

The hardest part is removing the Hard Disk.  If you can do that you
are home free.  It might be possible to change the latch without
removing the hard disk, but that looked tricky.

Hard disk removal is hard in the first gen Tis, it is much easier in
the DVI Tis, I am not sure about the generation in between where
yours is Jenn.

      Sherman