[Ti] Wireless Router with File and Print Sharing?

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Thu Apr 10 07:17:32 PDT 2003

On 4/10/03 6:01, "Matt Henderson" wrote:

> The problem is printing and filesharing. I know that a D-Link wireless
> router exists (714+) that can do print sharing. But does anyone know of a
> device that could do print *and* filesharing? (Otherwise, we're going to
> need a home server machine, maybe a headless Cube, as well.)

    But if I understand, you want a wireless router with print sharing and
file sharing. I haven't seen a device like that.

    One way to go is with wireless router w/print sharing  (the Apple Base
Station (the top model) does that also) and a separate file server or
wireless router and a print/file server.

    Are you are going all wireless?

    Here are some print/file severs:

http://www.iapplianceweb.com/appTable/IAW_SOHO_SERVER

    Wireless file server with printer sharing:

http://www.martian.com

-- Roger