[Ti] Lucky? Apple Store Job

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Thu Apr 10 07:35:52 PDT 2003

On 4/9/03 21:22, "Tom R. no spam" wrote:

> Who, besides "mgrs" who aren't
> "comfortable" managing people older than themselves, worries
> about age etc rather than competence and flexibility?

    Just to be clear, the "too old" comment was from my wife (trying to be
helpful, not ragging). This would be illegal for the store management to
say.

    What they did say was "At this time, we are moving forward with only a
small group that meets the needs of the business today."

    Now I do have a somewhat restricted schedule at this time (though they
said being  available evening and weekends was a plus) and not many hours,
so it may be that I just wasn't going to fit the schedule.

    Funny thing, I'm still getting auto emails from the Apple web site
telling me of job opportunities.

    Thanks for the support.

    Oh well, when the store opens I will get a place to bring the kids -
they have fun with the demo kids programs, and they are  probably
responsible for more people buying Macs than most sales people. ("Are Macs
easy to use?" "Sure, give my  2 year old this CD-ROM and let him show you."
"Watch him go to NickJr.com. "Let my six year old show you how to search the
web.")

-- Roger