[Ti] Using SCSI drives with Big Al 17"

Kulick [memeticsystems.com] kulick at memeticsystems.com
Thu Apr 10 10:36:27 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 10:32, Ron Woodland wrote:
> A SCSI card typically supports one SCSI bus, but that bus can
> daisy-chain up to 7 devices on it.  Actually, it's only 6 because the
> SCSI card is device 1.  Or maybe it's device 0, I can't remember.  SCSI
> seems so long ago now.

On a modern SCSI card, the id of the adapter can be set arbitrarily.
And UW can support up to 15 not just 7.  Even an PCMCIA adapter should
have the same functionality.  The only problem will be daisy chaining
the devices and terminating them correctly.  That usually the biggest
problem when troubleshooting an external chain.

--
Aaron D. Kulick
Senior System Administrator