[Ti] "I'm Emptying the Trash now, Dave" - not seen

Obrecht, Jerry A Jerry.A.Obrecht at mdnt.com
Fri Apr 11 08:12:36 PDT 2003

> best summed-up by the annoying dialog box: "Preparing to empty the
> Trash"...that will remain on screen for many seconds, even if all
> that's being trashed is an alias or an empty folder...And then it
> pauses on the 'empty' frame for additional seconds...
>
> ~flipper

I use locate for some types of searches. ~Quick~.
And the search window in the respective directories work great (jag+ only)

As far as the sluggishness of OSX, I had that problem. My machine was wading
through MUD, I was about to trade it for something that performed better,
like crack, or buy a Dell, or anything that could go plus+ 30 MPH on the
I-Super-Highway, but, then---- I have just deep zero'd out my HDD, and
reinstalled. Ahhhhh-a brand new machine! It flies! See, when I upgraded from
Classic on this HDD, I never Zeroed it, just plain formatted, and then I had
20 gig of data on a 20gig HDD, and that was two years ago. Now I am fine.
<<<<<<<<<

Please don't join the ranks of the Dell dufuss.

There are many reasons why an OS 10.2 machine could be seeming to run slowly, or start slowly.  As Loren, mentions, lack of free hard drive space is one of the typical culprits: unix operating systems love (ie: NEED) lots of free drive space.  Without it, they bog-down.

BTW, maybe this dialog box from HAL pops-up only when the system is slowed-down for some reason (like lack of free drive space).  I have never seen that dialog on my Powerbook, which runs pretty quickly.

Jerry