[Ti] "I'm Emptying the Trash now, Dave"

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Apr 11 08:31:20 PDT 2003

b typed this message on 4/10/03 9:07 PM:

> well, Tom, it's intermittent, which as any 50s/60s TV repairman will
> tell you is "the worst kinda problem". It seems to have abated after
> the 10.2.5 update, which i have no doubt, has nothing to do with it
> all.

I don't suppose you have a 3rd party utility that is doing something behind
the scenes? I have Data Recycler installed and it does tend to slow the
trash emptying a tiny bit if I have a truckload of files that I am dumping.
In this case a progress bar appears and does its thing as the trash empties,
but I have never seen the "preparing..." message.

Perhaps Norton Filesaver X tends to throw this brand of monkeywrench into
the works (?)

jg