[Ti] Steve dissed?/Power Ballad Tribute

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Apr 11 08:42:01 PDT 2003

Michael Bigley typed this message on 4/10/03 11:32 AM:

> I have had the pleasure of hearing Woz speak at an Applesiders
> (Cincinnati Mac User Group) convention a few years back. Even
> surrounded by hundreds of folks who hold him in near-god status, he
> was all that has been described here and more.  He had a great and
> gentle way of sliding himself off of our pedestals and become "one of
> the folk"... the sort of fellow that one would want to hang around
> with as a friend rather than an idol.

The mark of a man who truly knows himself and is unaffected by the cult-like
status that people tend to confer on him.

Those who retain their humility and sense of humor in the midst of public
adulation are on the top of my list...

Jimmy Carter
Oprah Winfrey
Woz