[Ti] AlBook 17 feedback

Cyn flanders1 at charter.net
Fri Apr 11 15:24:28 PDT 2003

At 2:55 PM -0400 4/11/03, Pablo Defendini wrote:
>This is for those lucky souls who've received their AlBooks: How do
>they 'feel', in terms of physical sturdiness?

Solid!

>I'm very impressed with the 12 inch AlBook, in this respect, but
>since I haven't had a chance to see in person, much less pick up,
>the 17 incher, I don't know if the sturdiness of the chassis suffers
>due to the larger size of the machine. I'm thinking of picking one
>up,

Just do it. You will not be sorry! The new screen size alone is awesome.

>  but if it's gonna be 'delicate' , like the TiBook 500 I currently own,

I don't find this one delicate like I did my TiBook 500. I was always
so careful and gentle with the 500. The 17" feels like it won't
scratch as easily. The whole computer feels solid and no flexing when
lifting.

>  I'd much rather spring for a new desktop in Aug/Sept. Any thoughts?

I am currently using the 17" as my desktop and laptop. My TiBook 500
proudly sits next to her big brother on the desk.

--
Cyn