[Ti] "I'm Emptying the Trash now, Dave" - not seen

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 11 15:59:36 PDT 2003

According to Tom Warner:

>On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 05:27  pm, b wrote:
>
>>People who drag things to trash, rather than use keyboard commands,
>>which happen quickly, won't notice the latency. Too many people
>>have responded  on and off list for this to be isolated.
>
>If I use the keyboard command to move files to the trash, it's
>instant. No delay, no dialog. no fuss. Tap- gone.
>
>If I use keyboard command to empty trash, I get the dialog that asks
>me if I'm sure. When I hit return, the trash is empty no delay no
>fuss.
>
>What latency??
>
>Tom
Gee tom, do you suppose Apple's programmers put a DLOG in the code
that tosses up a dialog that says," Preparing to Empty trash" just
for my benefit?

As I said, it is intermittent; That's like the opposite of constant.

What latency? I trash a 2 GB file in OS 9, let's say, a copy of
Windows 200 Professional, and it is one, two *poof*  in OSX it may or
may not be that way.

I appreciate your comments, but not for their helpfulness.

~flipper