[Ti] "I'm Emptying the Trash now, Dave" - not seen

Richard Banuelos teasethedog at mac.com
Sat Apr 12 10:09:07 PDT 2003

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 03:59 PM, b wrote:

> What latency? I trash a 2 GB file in OS 9, let's say, a copy of
> Windows 200 Professional, and it is one, two *poof*  in OSX it may or
> may not be that way.

It's been awhile since I actually used windows, but I do remember
having serious problems with drive fragmentation. Is it possible that
X's latency has to do with keeping things organized, while W2K may not.

A stupid theory, but not being an expert on such matters, and never
having had a problem with fragmentation in X, I tend to let it do its
job. A 2 GB file hasn't ever really slowed things down for me.

Rick