[Ti] Apple: "[S]upplying music to customers may be its future"

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat Apr 12 10:13:21 PDT 2003

XXL typed this message on 4/12/03 12:02 PM:

> IF Apple wants to be in the distribution business it seems to me that owning
> a label would discourage other labels from allowing Apple to distribute
> their music as well as Apples.  I could see Apple cornering the market on
> online distribution with some great tech innovation, otherwise.

I seem to remember Apple Records (The Beatles) launching a lawsuit with
Apple Computer over the use of the name "Apple." At the time the court ruled
that since Apple Computer and Apple Records were, well, Apples and Oranges,
they tossed the suit out the window.

Now that Apple is going into the music distribution business, I would think
Apple Records now has a right to re-file the lawsuit.

jg