[Ti] Dual 1gHz wont boot.... Very scary!

Alex MacLeod alex at underdogmedia.co.uk
Sun Apr 13 13:34:47 PDT 2003

Flipper, thank you very much for the quick reply,

> Power down the Ti-Book, insert the proper CD Installer. Turn power
> On, and then press and hold
> Option - Command - Shift - Delete   all at the same time. This will
> force the Mac to bypass the primary startup volume and search for a
> CD or external drive from which to boot. Just press and hold.  Let us
> know what results you get.
>
> Oh, and after you boot, Erase the drive using the utility on your
> Installation CD.
>
> ~flipper

I've tried just what you¹ve said. The results are:
The cd drive starts whirring away, then the happy mac comes up ......oooohhh
were getting somewhere I'm thinking.....

Then some text comes up from the top left and says:
"The installer has unexpectedly quit (error 1)
Press the return key to restart the computer...
Kmod_destroy: com.apple.driver blah blah blah......."

When I restart the computer it just does it again and again.

I think the powerbook thinks its a powermac ...??

Thanks for your help so far.
Alex