[Ti] Dual 1gHz wont boot.... Very scary!

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 13 14:22:00 PDT 2003

According to Alex MacLeod:

>I've tried just what you¹ve said. The results are:
>The cd drive starts whirring away, then the happy mac comes up ......oooohhh
>were getting somewhere I'm thinking.....
>
>Then some text comes up from the top left and says:
>"The installer has unexpectedly quit (error 1)
>Press the return key to restart the computer...
>Kmod_destroy: com.apple.driver blah blah blah......."
>
>When I restart the computer it just does it again and again.
>
>I think the powerbook thinks its a powermac ...??
>
>Thanks for your help so far.
>Alex

Wipe the CD with a clean, lint-free cloth [I use whatever shirt I'm
wearing] from the center out, and try again. CDs fail regularly from
dust, etc. Remember, these machines function on logic, so, despite
the illogical nature of some 'problems' there is a, sometimes
elusive, logical path back to 'rightness'. Don't despair, in other
words.

~flipper