[Ti] Fwd: [Ti] "I'm Emptying the Trash now, Dave" - not seen

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 13 14:18:37 PDT 2003

According to A.J.Bos:

>~flipper,
>
>In lurking this list I got the impression that you like speed with
>regards to your machine, and since it looks that you're starting
>afresh, you might want to consider setting up a separate swapdrive.
>This page has a lot of info:
>http://www.resexcellence.com/hack_html_01/09-14.01.html . It might
>be wise to search the MacOSXHints archives as well on this topic.
>
>Setting up a separate swap-partition helps to keep the fragmentation
>level down on your hard drive and therefor all paging activity is a
>lot faster. Setting it up does mean you have to use the terminal,
>but see it as being converted to the power of the Dark Side :-)
>
>HTH,
>Kind regards,
>Arjan Bos

Thank you AJ,

I am of that crowd that associates the perception of 'speed' with
accurate, unfragmented Directories, efficient use of 'scratch' drives
in big applications, maximum RAM, etc.

I could be the Poster 'Boy' for Norton Speed Disk, and if Alsoft ever
gets it together for OSX, them too.<-- DiskWarrior 3.0 is NOT ready
for Prime Time, if anyone's interested in an opinion from the
'trenches', by the way.

Thanks for the link. I will be scouring Resexcellence, the O'Reilly
pages, this list, and Woz.org's OSX links, etc, before doing
anything, once I have the means to offload my files and the apps that
can be transported back and forth.

~flipper